Assistant to the Executive Director/Producer (AED) Job Description
Friends of Thacker Mountain Radio, Inc. seeks a part-time Assistant to the Executive Director/Producer (AED) for the radio show.
The Thacker Mountain Radio Hour is a weekly live radio show featuring author readings and a wide array of musical performances from Oxford’s beloved square. The free show is recorded before a live audience and broadcasted every Thursday at 6:00 p.m. during the fall and spring and re-broadcasted every Saturday at 7 p.m. on Mississippi Public Broadcasting.
Our mission is to celebrate and document the diverse sounds and stories of an evolving South through free live music and literary arts performances, live radio broadcasts, and various multi- media platforms.
If you are looking for ways to invest in Oxford’s arts community, enjoy the idea of working for a non-profit, and get excited about celebrating the deep roots of music and literature in the South, then please read on about what we are seeking in our AED! This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about music and literature to contribute to the arts culture and creative economy in Mississippi and beyond.
The part-time AED will work 18 hours a week and will be an integral part of Thacker Mountain Radio Hour. The AED will work along side our Executive Director/Producer to support them in coordinating and supervising the daily operations of our organization. The AED will work to enhance productivity and must be competent in assuming delegated duties. The AED will also be a leader and a critical thinker.
The AED’s main goal will be to help our organization attain objectives of productivity and constituent satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the AED include but are not limited to:
- Aid in orchestrating advanced logistics for performance (i.e., communicating details with guests, coordinators and managing crew, etc.)
- Plan and purchase all hospitality goods for shows
- Aid in day-before/day-of show preparations
- Track and process gifts to TMRH
- Facilitate solicitation letters to potential / past donors
- Send quarterly donor invoices
- Aid in special events coordinating
- Assist with managing interns to execute daily marketing tasks
- Assist with website management
- Facilitate weekly poster approval/printing/pick-up
- Tracking budget expenditures
- Maintain scheduling of events and represent the organization when needed
- Aid in weekly email inquiries
- Aid in monthly board meeting preparations
- Production/development runner
- Aid in weekly operations coordinating (filing, organizing, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent non-profit administration or event management experience
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Works well with a team
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Passion for music, literature, and the diverse artistic culture of the South
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Desire to invest in Mississippi’s creative economy
- Non-profit or business administration experience
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com to be considered.
Friends of Thacker Mountain Radio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Friends of Thacker Mountain Radio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Friends of Thacker Mountain Radio, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Friends of Thacker Mountain Radio, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
© 2018 Thacker Mountain Radio Hour
Website by Confit